Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dare to Creep


I was privileged enough to visit the Tim Burton Exhibit at LACMA this past weekend! I wasn't too sure what to expect from seeing his body of work since his style is a lot more dark and creepy then I'm used to but, I actually learned quite a bit. It was pretty cool seeing his progress and development from his early high school days to his present masterpieces. I got to see what art looks like when the artist is completely confident in his style. Burton definitely defies all rules of traditional shape and looks and that's what makes his stuff so unique. If I was to draw a head, it would be circular, but Burton would probably draw an upside down trapezoid shape. One could learn the mentality that artists have the freedom to define their own rules.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is still my all-time favorite Burton film :)

Inspiring and provoking. I wish I could've taken some pictures of the exhibit though...
The exhibit runs through October 31st
-G

No comments:

Post a Comment