Monday, April 4, 2011

For Old Time's Sake

I have a love/hate relationship with seeing my old art. Hate, because I see all the little imperfections and areas for improvements as well as being flat out embarrassed with what I did before. And Love, because there is something very emotionally satisfying with seeing what you might have been thinking of, or feeling at the time old work was created as well as seeing improvements.

Orchard Heroes hasn't updated in over 2 years and I'm not sure if I will ever return to it again, but that doesn't mean a lot of the ideas and plans that I had for it didn't exist. I did this piece for fun just so I could get some of the ideas to come out. No, I wasn't interested in really writing Volume II, but I was curious to see how I would've drawn the characters if I were to restart the series.

The whole Volume II crew is below. The Orchard Heroes, Moldman and his Mold Army, as well as for their first public appearance, The Fungus Five, The Grape Tribe, Mildew Man, Cherry Girl, and Green Apple.

"Coming Soon" is relative...

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment