Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Anpanman Fighter

I'm not a painter, but I've always admired that skill. Whether its watercolor, oil, or brush painting, there's a very freeing and liberating quality to painting that is a bit different from other styles of art. What really catches my eye is when that medium is applied to "non-traditional" subjects. Found this link that showcases artwork of Anpanman characters drawn to the style of art used in Street Fighter IV promotions. It might actually be graphic art made to look like brush art, but either way I think its really unique and cool looking. How the artist managed to make these goofy characters look so dark and edgy is pretty impressive. Anyway, the link is here, but I've screen captured the images below also. I have no idea who the artist is, but kudos.




                                                                                                                   -G

No comments:

Post a Comment